lolotehe: kitties (Kitties!)
[personal profile] lolotehe
"Better a day early than an hour late."

So I've had that stray cat in my front room for several months. I'd let her out occasionally and she would try to play with Benjamin's tail or she'd pee on something (happened twice) and she'd go back in the room.

And she would howl when she was in heat and you never knew such a big sound could be made by such a tiny cat.

Today she went in for a spay and shots and check-up and they told me she was FIV+.




I don't know if the boys are infected yet. Benjamin turned nine back in March. Pavel will be seven in June. It can be managed, so I could have another five to seven years if they are.

I will not be able to foster any kittens this year. I have to clean the room.

I could not in good conscience put her outside and have her infect other cats in the neighborhood.

I never got to touch her. She would not allow it. I did ask them if she was soft.

They tell me she was.

Date: 2023-04-27 12:08 am (UTC)
fleurrette: (Default)
From: [personal profile] fleurrette
HUGS

Damn I am so sorry

Date: 2023-04-27 04:02 am (UTC)
disgruntledgirl: Taken from one of my many yahoo accts, which all mirror part of me. (Default)
From: [personal profile] disgruntledgirl
You did the right thing given the circumstances.

Profile

lolotehe

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
2021222324 2526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 7th, 2026 01:47 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios